These can be consulted on the rules and regulations page : click here
28 January 2019 > Registration opening dates
==> Registration by internet
Until 29 March 2019 > On-line registration
Until 5 April 2019 > Samples reception
==> Registration by post
Until 29 March 2019 > Registration + samples reception
==> Key dates
29 April 2019 > Cabernets International Competition
2 May 2019 > Publication of results
- wine producers and winemakers
- groups of co-operative wineries
- wine merchants
The competition is open to all wines in the world (red, rosé, white) with or without a geographical denomination, made mainly with Cabernet. Are authorized following Cabernets: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Dorsa, Cabernet Dorio, Cabernet Moravia, White Cabernet. Wines can be produced by one or several grape varieties mentioned above only if there are majority, single or blend.
An analysis report per wine (level of alcohol, glucose + fructose sugars, total and volatile acidity, SO2, excess pressure from carbon dioxide for sparkling)
All the vintages are allowed in the competition.
You are not limited in the number of products you can present. Wine merchants must have a mandate for the presentation of wines they do not own.
3 labelled bottles per wine must be sent to the address indicated on the form. The wines must have a label and a cap.
The shipping and customs fees must be paid by the sender.
1. Choose "incoterm" : DDP Delivered Duty Paid.
2. Specify in all your documents: "Value in customs 0.5 euros per product. Samples for tasting purposes only, no commercial value."
3. Add on all your documents our EORI number: %NUMERO_EORI%. N° VAT %NOM_CONCOURS% : %NUMERO_TVA%
4. CAUTION : Make sure that the total shipment value remains below 20 € (20 $). If not, you will pay additional customs fees.
5. Avoid using DHL; they often charge additional customs duties.